Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Valentine Project Ready to Quilt and Bind


This evening I pieced a backing for the Valentine table runner and pieced and pressed the binding. Everything's ready for layering, basting, quilting, and binding! I'm excited because I have a five-day weekend coming up and I'll get to spend time working on it. Did I mention the due date is the day after Labor Day? Yikes. I think I'll outline quilt the appliqué, and then fill the background hearts with some small pattern. I've done a lot of meander stitching so that's a possibility, but I'd like to try something a little more special. Maybe hearts and loops? In the pieced center section, I may go with more heart shapes. Can't have too many hearts on Valentine's Day, right? After I've got it quilted I'll add embroidered bird legs and eyes. And then it will be finished. I'll soon need a new project!

No comments:

Post a Comment