Friday, August 2, 2013

A Little Inspiration

I spied these tiny (maybe 1/2-1" high) plants growing in the crack of a landscape timber near my house. The texture of the different foliages and of the timber itself are remarkable to me. Lots of ideas for machine quilting patterns there. And I love the tinges of red, purple, and gold with the greens of the leaves. It got me thinking about color combinations for a quilt, and I wondered if I created a pixelated version of the photo if it would help me along the way. Here's what I came up with:


Now the purple/reds come through as mauve, lavender, rose...so sophisticated with the array of greens and grays. The design wheels are turning...

You can do this pixel technique with lots of photo editing software programs, but you can also do it with just a few mouse clicks, for free, on the Lunapic website. Have fun pixelating!

No comments:

Post a Comment