Sunday, August 25, 2013

Stitching Fused Appliqué Edges

Wow, it's been a busy day in my sewing space! First I cut fat quarters from all the block fabrics in the Quick Quilts sampler so we can photograph how a kit will look. With 35 different fabrics, that took about an hour. Then I got to work edge stitching the love birds and hearts on the Valentine table runner. I used red rayon thread for a little shine, and really enjoyed the process. Not as much as hand appliqué, but since it's fused shapes for Quick Quilts, machine blanket stitch worked just fine and helped define the edges of the shapes. I also took photos as I went so I could add a page here with tips for machine blanket stitch. Here's the end of the table runner now:


And here's a little closer shot:


Now the reward...a home pedicure and pink polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment