Monday, November 4, 2013

Dia de Muertos (Day of the Dead)


My Taos weekend happened to coincide with the Day of the Dead celebrations (Oct. 31, Nov. 1, and Nov. 2), which unfortunately meant we couldn't go out to Taos Pueblo (it was closed for ceremonies). But it also meant we got to see loads of amazing costumes on the trick or treaters and other residents, and to take in all the Day of the Dead goods for sale in the local shops. Common Thread on Bent Street had lots of Dia de Muertos related cotton prints available, like this:

Midnight Pastoral toile by Alexander Henry
Love the spooky toile! And how about this print?

Folklorico Cartas Marcadas by Alexander Henry 
So there you go...Dia de Muertos, quilter's style!

1 comment:

  1. I love these two prints but the toile is my favourite! I have it in black on white and recently used it in a quilt. I'm enjoying looking around your blog!

    ReplyDelete